Sunday, January 15, 2012

Week 3 - Lazy Sunday

I'm not going to lie, today was a rough kitchen day for me.  Lazy, if you will.  See, as I sat at my kitchen table after church, I had 2 options.  Here is what I saw when I looked to the left and to the right:


So, curl up on the couch in the warm sun with my snuggly, fat dog OR clean the dishes piled in the sink (apparently I have no shame) only to fill it again after I diligently cooked something.  Must. Cook. Food.  Must. Resist. Nap.  So I cooked - heh, hardly the truth.  I cleaned and tore up some kale, popped it into the oven, sat back down on my butt, then removed them 20 minutes later.  And those dishes...?  Let's just say I knew  they would be there waiting for me when my energy returned.

Posting two days in a row?  And on the first day of the week?  What gives?
Ah yes - again, this is an ever-evolving project.  Original goal - post once a week.  See, the project is all about the cooking, not so much the blogging.  Well, my wordiness got the better of me, so I split week 2 into two parts.  But last night I spent two hours getting things together to post (albeit, all the while slightly distracted by the Miss America Pageant and nursing my pride over another year of not picking the winner).  Meanwhile, I'm actually writing every day, and just saving until the grand post on Saturday.  But now that's seeming silly.  From now on, if I'm writing, I'm posting. 

All that to say, I wrote earlier that today had been a lazy kitchen day.  And it had, except that I did return to it once more and made myself some creamed spinach.  Admittedly I measured a bit incorrectly and therefore had significantly more cream than spinach - think spinach dip - but sometimes we need more creaminess in our lives - especially when it's some 26 degrees outside!  My 1 year old also thoroughly enjoyed this - so much so he pulled me down and we ate it together, right there on the kitchen floor.



And now, as I have yet attended to those dirty dishes, I must in preparation for another day of cooking tomorrow!

1/15

No comments:

Post a Comment