Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week 4, Day 1 - Orecchiette and Savory Biscotti

Ah, the beginning of another week.  In all honesty, this project has been pretty easy up until now.  Despite what many often ask, I don't spend hours on end in the kitchen day after day and I don't regret starting this adventure. But I'll be honest, these past few weeks have been rather quiet.  It's been the day-to-day, no more no less.  But that's not going to keep up for long.  I have a rather hectic couple of weeks ahead of me - ok, hectic couple of months - and I'm anxious how I'm going to keep up with all the cooking on top of everything else.  Alright, enough with the worrying.  Let's talk food.

Food - of which we had none in the house as of this afternoon.  We go food shopping on Monday mornings, so it's not a lone case that we find ourselves scraping the bottom of the barrel on Sundays.  Typically we would use this as an excuse to treat ourselves to takeout.  That was before I set my sights on cooking some 700+ recipes this year.  Besides, cheaper to buy a few odds and ends to get a dinner together than to buy an entire dinner out, right?


I threw together a simple pasta dish with cherry tomatoes and the last of the arugula I had in the house.  I'm so happy to have experimented with arugula - it's rocks a normal pasta dish like most greens don't seem to do.  We followed it up (only because they weren't done in time to eat them in true appetizer form) with parmesan black pepper biscotti which we dipped in spiced up tomato sauce.  Seeing as we ate dinner hours later than we normally would, my food coma has carried me straight to bed and I'm about to drift off with a belly of contentment.  Goodnight all.

1/22
- Orecchiette with Cherry Tomatoes and Arugula
- Parmesan Black Pepper Biscotti

2 comments:

  1. Everything so far looks yum!! Simply picture perfect. Keep up the great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your boys will never go hungry. :)

      Delete