Thursday, January 26, 2012

Week 4, Day 5 - Italian Sausage Take Two

You didn't think I had forgotten about the rest of that Italian Sausage in my fridge, did you?  Surely not!  But I'll get to that in a minute.  This afternoon I overwhelmed my dainty little house once again with several friends and all our ankle-biters precious children.  I made a classic child's lunch - hotdogs with macaroni and cheese.  Although, it's hardly fair to the cheese to call this dish macaroni and cheese.  Really it should be cheese and macaroni.  Because the 1/2 pound of macaroni was hardly a match for the pound of cheddar and added cup of cottage cheese.  I was a bad friend in that I never warned my friends of the calories laden within this dish, but who am I kidding?  These are friends who pull two toddlers in a bike trailer while controlling their pitbull on a leash while pregnant (you know how you are).  Besides, against Deb's suggestion of sticking with the basic elbow macaroni, I used vegetable spiral pasta.  See, healthy.



And now part two of the Italian sausage.  Tonight's dinner was similar to the sausage risotto - tomatoes and that flavorful addition of white wine - but added the fullness of mushrooms and was paired with pasta rather than rice.  We ate and ate and ate until I realized it was all gone and I hadn't taken a single picture of it.  Food blogging 101 - Take pictures before you eat.  Lesson learned.

1/26
- Easiest Bake Mac-and-Cheese (By the way, note the word easy.  She's not lying - mix, bake, enjoy)
- Pasta with Sausage, Tomatoes, and Mushrooms

No comments:

Post a Comment